5 Ways To Relax and De-stress After A Long Day

11:42:00 am

Lately I have noticed how I seem to be a lot more tired and worn out during the end of the day. I also tend to get stressed out very easily which doesn’t help me in the slightest. I am all for finding new ways to de-stress and relax for the evening ahead ready for another day tomorrow. I wanted to share some of the way I personally like to take when it comes down to relaxing and de-stressing, hopefully some of these can help you too.
Bubble Baths
There’s nothing better than coming home from a hard and stressful day at work and getting straight into a warm bubble bath. Not only does it help to relax your muscles but it’s also a great way of having some ‘alone’ time with yourself to think. I much prefer baths rather than showers 99% of the time and I usually end up laying there for about 30 minutes reading a good book or listening to music. Let’s just say, I come out looking like a prune.

Spend Time with Your Loved Ones
Whether it’s your significant other, parents or brothers and sisters. Spending some quality times with the ones you love can immediately make you feel 100x better! I love coming home from a stressful shift and getting to see my boyfriend most evenings or even snuggling up on the sofa with the family to watch a film, it’s all just a great stress buster.

Tea, Tea and Even More Tea
I’m not the biggest coffee fan. I’ve tried to like coffee but it just isn’t working out for me. Though I am a great fan of tea. Any kind. The amount of tea I drink daily is kind of a slight problem but it really does help to relax me. After a bubble baths, I love to make myself either some green tea or just a regular English tea – depends on what I fancy that day. I like snuggling up in bed with my good old cuppa whilst reading a book. God, I sound old.

Write In a Journal
After having a stressful day, you’re probably thinking the last thing you want to do is write, but it honestly helps. I have multiple notebooks and journals just because I’m simply stationary obsessed. One of my journals is sort of a ‘daily thoughts’ if you will. I like to sit down at the end of the day and just write about my day, how it was and how it made me feel. Any negative energy will get released from your mind and written down into a book. I suffer with anxiety, and when I was doing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, this was the main thing that helped me out the most – whenever I was having a bad day, I’d write down all of my thoughts onto paper and I’d immediately feel better. I’m not saying that this is going to work for everything but it’s definitely something you should try.  

Get Enough Sleep
Getting a decent night’s sleep is something I have tried incorporating in my evening routine recently. Normally, I could easily stay awake until 3am scrolling through social media. It was about time that I stopped doing that as I noticed it only caused me even more stress and tiredness the next day. Go to bed earlier and try to get at least 8-9 hours of sleep per night. You’ll feel a lot more refreshed the next day. I would also say to turn your phone off as soon as you get into bed, you’re less likely to constantly check your phone and you’ll actually get tired quicker when you’re not scrolling through your tweets, pins or timeline.

What are some of your personal favourite ways to relax after a long day?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Might Also Like

0 comments