Slider

5 Things I've Learnt During My 3 Years Of Blogging

Thursday, 30 March 2017


3 years ago on the 23rdMarch, I sat down at my computer and wrote my first ever blog post. It wasn’t a very good post however it made me happy having my own little space on the internet where I can just be myself and share my passions with others even if I thought no one would read it. It’s crazy to look back on old posts and to see how much not only my blog has grown but also how much I’ve grown as a person and a writer. Blogging has been a massive priority in my life for the past 3 years, I have loved every minute of it and I wouldn’t change a thing. Here are a few things that I have learnt during my blogging years:

BLOGGING TAKES UP A LOT OF TIME
I used to think that blogging was as simple as writing it up and then pressing that publish button. Nope. There’s so much more to it than that. You have to plan ahead, take pictures, edit the pictures, write the post, re-read the post for spelling mistakes and so on. You also need to spend the time promoting your posts through various social media sites which can also take up a chunk of your day. I have recently started using an app called Buffer which allows you to schedule tweets and automatically post them onto your social media websites so that you can promote your post multiple times a day without having to constantly write up a different tweet every hour.

YOUR BLOG CAN OPEN UP A VARITY OF OPPORTUNITIES
I didn’t start this blog with the intention of getting ‘free stuff’. I started it because it was something I have always wanted to do - I loved writing, I loved beauty and I loved reading other blog posts. My blog opened up a whole new door of opportunities for me one of which is collaborations; I have been able to collaborate and review with Spectrum Brushes, Technic Cosmetics, W7 Cosmetics and more. Not to mention the amount of new friends you will make via the blogging community.

YOU WILL SPEND A FAIR AMOUNT OF MONEY
This may not happen with everyone but for me personally, I have spent a hell of a lot of money when it comes down to blogging. I am always wanting to buy the latest beauty products so that I can review and share them with my readers and when I first started with this blog, I spent my money like there was no tomorrow lol. Then there’s the blogging equipment – cameras, editing apps and even blog props (which are one of my favourite things to shop for) I don’t know about you but since I’ve been taking my blog a bit more seriously every piece of decorative homeware item I see always seems to be a “great blog prop”.

OTHER BLOGGERS ARE ALWAYS SO SUPPORTIVE
I have honestly never come across people as supportive as bloggers (apart from my close friends and family of course). I have made some wonderful online friendships throughout my years of blogging and cannot even begin to describe how lovely and supportive everyone is about me and my blog. Considering when I first started I thought no one would ever read this little blog of mine, it makes me super happy knowing I have some amazing people on my side even if I have never met them in person.

WRITERS BLOCK IS REAL
Every single time I saw someone talk about writers block, I didn’t believe it. I was always full of ideas when I first started out and wanted to write multiple times each day. Nowadays, I get major writers block and now I completely understand why people get so annoyed because the struggle is truly real. At the end of last year I stopped blogging completely for a few weeks as I wasn’t able to come up with any content and it made me so upset that I thought of quitting my blog forever (thank god that didn’t happen). The ideas soon come flowing back naturally and it’s important to realise that sometimes it’s okay to just take a break from everything.

I am so glad I managed to stick with this blog as it’s now a huge part of my life and it makes me super happy. I’d love to know if you can relate to any of these points, or if you have some of your own?

------------------------------------------------------------
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan