Slider

You Are Enough

Friday, 24 March 2017


After having a recent heart-to-heart chat, it kind of sparked a feeling that I’ve always seemed to have lingering in the back of my mind: that I have never felt good enough. I have always been that person who never really ‘fitted in’ with anything starting from my school years. I was quite shy and always felt as if I was not good enough to share a table with the ‘cool kids’ or felt like I couldn’t wear certain clothes without the fear of being judged by everyone. Sometimes I can be really awful to myself and constantly compare myself to other people no matter how many times my friends and family reassure me.

I have always been an insecure person when it comes to certain aspects about myself and I instantly start to think there’s something wrong with me because I don’t look or act a certain way. As I also suffer from anxiety, I let my mind wander and sometimes let it completely tear up my self-esteem until I start to feel so unbelievably low that I end up doing nothing but sulking whilst stuffing my face with Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream and binge watching shows on Netflix for the whole day to make me feel better (it really does work lol)

‘YOU DON’T NEED ANYONES AFFECTION OR APPROVAL IN ORDER TO BE GOOD ENOUGH’

This is something that I am slowly coming to terms with. When someone feels the need to judge or abandon you; it’s about them and their own insecurities, needs and restrictions. Your worth isn’t dependant on other people’s acceptance of you. You are allowed to voice your opinions. You are allowed to defend your beliefs. You are allowed to share your thoughts and you are allowed to hold onto the fact that you’re good enough.

‘YOU DON’T EVER HAVE TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT REMOVING TOXIC PEOPLE FROM YOUR LIFE’

Whether it’s a relative, a colleague, a significant other or even friends – you shouldn’t make room in your life for people who only just cause you pain and unhappiness. If you constantly dread being around them or you feel completely exhausted/angry whilst with them OR if they continuously make you feel small, then you need to get rid. Ain’t nobody got time for dat!

I guess the message that I’m trying to get across here is that if you’re ever having a bad day, please remember that you are and will always be enough. Be yourself in life and let people see the real, imperfect, flawed yet beautiful person you are. 
--------------------------------------------------------
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan