A Few Blogging Tools Every Blogger Needs

1:40:00 pm

 Back when I first started blogging years ago, it was all very simple. You only needed the basic tools: a blog and a computer/laptop. As the years go past, I am becoming a lot more serious with my blogging and I have tried many different resources and tools to help make my blog run a lot smoother and become more efficient. I wanted to share with you some of the tools that I find essential when it comes down to maintaining my blog, let’s get started.

Camera
Probably one of the most obvious tools. Of course you can maintain a blog without adding any photos to it however it all seems a bit dull and unprofessional without them (in my opinion). You’re more likely to attract a bigger audience if you have photos on your site. What camera you decide to use is completely up to you, as you don’t always need a fancy DSLR when you’re first getting started. I personally use my iPhone camera for some blog pictures and I edit them on VSCO Cam. I already own a Nikon B500 camera from when I did photography in sixth form therefore sometimes I tend to use that too but just use whatever you feel comfortable with.

Notebooks
I can’t even begin to tell you how many notebooks I own. It’s slightly ridiculous however I go through them way too quickly. Notebooks are super handy when it comes down to staying organized with your blog. I have a whole notebook dedicated to blogging ideas, then I have another one completely dedicated to my blog routine. I like to schedule my posts and check off my to-do lists on a daily basis.

Social Media Scheduling
I have only just started scheduling my Twitter posts recently and I’m so glad I did as it makes things 100 times easier. One of the main things when it comes to blogging is promoting your posts, if you don’t promote what you write it makes your blog a lot harder to find and less people will read it. My main source of promotion is Twitter and I like using the Buffer app to schedule when my next promo tweet will go up. This is perfect for those who work full time during the day and don’t have a lot of time to spend on social media, simply schedule your posts the day before and let them automatically post on your Twitter throughout the day.

Google Analytics
If you’re like me and you check your page views via Blogger, then stop what you’re doing. After a ton of research I found out that the Blogger page views aren’t correct and they’re not a true representation of how many views you’re getting monthly. Instead, sign up to Google Analytics if you’re wanted to analyse the success of your posts. If you want to learn more about this, head over to this post HERE where Leah from Devoted to Pink shares the basics about Google Analytics and tells you how to effectively monitor your blog traffic.

Snapseed + VSCO Cam
Everyone needs a photo editing app, and these two are my absolute favourites. Snapseed is the first one I use, mainly to get that perfect white background. If the lighting isn’t looking too great and the photos come out a bit dull then Snapseed can help you out with that. Moving onto VSCO Cam which I’m sure pretty much everyone has heard about. You can edit pretty much anything with this app and it contains a variety of FREE Instagram worthy filters. What’s not to love?

I’d love to know what blogging tools and resources you like using on a daily basis!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Might Also Like

1 comments