Keeping Skin Hydrated with L'Oreal Hydra Genius

9:57:00 am

Choosing the correct skincare products for myself can sometimes be a difficult task. Like most people, my skin changes throughout the year however I have always had sensitive skin and most products I’ve found tend to break me out or lead to some kind of reaction. I have been in desperate need of a new moisturiser as my skin is on the dry side at the moment especially on my cheeks and with the hot weather that we’ve had, I want my skin to look as healthy and as glowy as it possibly can. Thank god for L'Oreal's new Hydra Genius line.

I believe this range comes in three different versions based on skin types: Normal to Dry skin, Normal to Combination skin and Dry & Sensitive skin. The first thing I noticed and fell in love with was the packaging, it comes in an elegant blue glass bottle which makes the product look a lot more expensive than what it actually is. The glass contains 70ml of product and at the moment it’s on offer for £6.65 in Boots but originally retails for £9.99.


The main ingredient is Glycerin with added in Hyaluronic Acid. What is Hyaluronic Acid? It’s a gel-like water holding molecule that our skin already produces. Hyaluronic Acid improves skin hydration, stimulates production of collagen in skin, maintains skin elasticity, works as an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory activity (it can also hold 1000 times its weight in water). Another ingredient is Pure Aloe Vera which is renowned for its moisturising properties and rich in essential minerals, it helps to sooth the skin whilst maintaining the skins water reserves.

The texture of this product is unlike any other moisturiser I’ve used in the past. It’s somewhere between a lotion and a gel yet it’s super lightweight on the skin and takes just a few seconds to fully absorb into my skin without leaving any sort of greasy or sticky texture behind. I can instantly see results after using this product. My skin feels softer and fresh, I also suffer with a bit of textured skin around my chin and the lower parts of my cheeks, I find that this has started to improve throughout the past couple of days and it’s without a doubt due to this product. My makeup goes on a lot smoother and I always seem to have a radiant glow to my skin after applying the Hydra Genius. I have a feeling this product is going to be something I constantly re-purchase in the future. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Might Also Like

0 comments